View: Project Documents
PCD Project Manager
10/5/2021 11:41:06 AM
|Planning has no comments regarding the land use. Please see engineering comments.||10/5/2021 11:41:06 AM|
PCD Engineering Division
10/5/2021 11:35:56 AM
No drainage comment. The project outfalls to the west within the Town of Monument. Properties within unincorporated El Paso County in the vicinity of the project is not expected to be negatively impacted.
Traffic Impact Study:
1. The Town of Monument shall apply for an access permit from the County.
2. County and CDOT needs to discuss the required access permit due to the multi-jurisdictional nature of this project.
3. The traffic engineer shall contact El Paso County Department of Public Works (DPW) (Alissa Were, email@example.com) to obtain a copy of the latest Traffic Impact Study (TIS) for the DPW improvement project on Highway 105 and incorporate/reference said study.
4. Update the TIS trip generation or the Letter of Intent for consistency. TIS analyzed using 128 single family and 79 multi-family dwelling units while page 4 of the LOI stated 142 single family and 62 single family attached.
5. Update the TIS existing roadway description to identify the limits of CDOT and County ownership/maintenance. Attached is an exhibit provided by EPC Department of Public Works (DPW).
6. Update the TIS to include the long range project which includes the Phase 2 development. Provide projections on future improvements to the roadways in the study area. These needs to be considered when designing the intersection/signal improvements.
7. Update the TIS to discuss/analyze the existing WBLT in the existing, short range and long range horizon. Does the existing WBLT lane length meet criteria with the proposed development or does this need to be converted to a dual left?
8. The TIS recommended a shared left-/right-turn lane on Jackson Creek Pkwy. Per ECM 2.3.7.D.2 the NB to EB right turn lane shall be an exclusive right turn lane. Update the analysis accordingly.
9. In conjunction with CDOT’s comment to provide a NB to WB double left turn lane and an exclusive NB to EB right turn lane, the developer will be required to submit construction plans for the intersection improvement including signal modification to El Paso County. Modification to the signals will require conversion to mast arms. The developer shall coordinate with El Paso County Planning & Community Development for an Early Assistance meeting to further discuss the required submittal documents to include but not limited to the following items: Final Drainage Report, Construction Drawings, Access Permit, Financial Assurance Estimate/Collateral, etc.
10. County recommends the Town of Monument annex the Hwy 105 & Jackson Creek Pkwy intersection to make it easier for the developer to process their application through two jurisdictions versus three.
Gilbert LaForce, PE
|10/5/2021 11:35:56 AM|