View: Project Documents
PCD Engineering Division
10/3/2019 2:24:34 PM
Comments provided by El Paso County Planning, Elizabeth Nijkamp, Engineering Review Manager, 719-520-7852:
1. Pursuant to email provided to Katie Carleo on September 27, 2019 from Jennifer Irvine we would like to request a meeting with Travis Easton and Peter Wysocki to coordinate and discuss the boundaries of the annexation prior to proving a full list of comments concerning the ROW to be included in this annexation. It is currently unclear as to the extent of the adjacent County ROW that is proposed to be annexed. The extents of the annexation of Woodmen Road will be a part of these discussions as well.
2. There is currently infrastructure and easements that appears to be bifurcated that require coordination between the EPC and City Public Works department prior to this annexation.
3. Please provide a copy of the draft annexation agreement, when available.
4. Please reference EPC Planning comments.
|10/3/2019 2:24:34 PM|
PCD Project Manager
10/2/2019 3:18:17 PM
1. The parcel being annexed is in excess of 10 acres and will require an annexation impact report.
2. The El Paso County Planning and Community Development supports the continued annexation of enclaves and urbanizing areas. In connection with the annexation, all adjacent roadways and drainage facilities should be annexed. The annexation plat identifies that all of the adjacent Woodmen Road will be annexed, however, there will only be a small portion of Woodmen from Brule to Mustang that will remain in the County. The County requests that this additional roadway area be annexed. Pursuant to statute, the City should annex all platted roadways adjacent to areas being annexed. Golden Sage Road should be annexed.
3. The property lies within the Woodmen Road Metro as well as the Falcon Highlands Metro Districts.
4. Sterling Ranch Sketch Plan (SKP-18-003) was recently approved which depicts he future alignment of Banning Lewis Parkway. The alignment shown on the sketch plan varies from what is shown on the proposed layout for the area to be annexed.
|10/2/2019 3:18:17 PM|
PCD Project Manager
9/30/2019 3:54:16 PM
I am requesting a copy of the titlework that was submitted with the application-I need to have my survey staff verify whether portions of existing County right-of-way are included in the annexation plat-it is unclear. Also, If there is a draft annexation agreement, I would appreciate that as well.
I am also requesting a meeting with Travis and Peter to coordinate and to discuss the boundaries of the annexation prior to providing any comments. I have some concerns about impacts to the infrastructure that appears to remain within the County, infrastructure that will be bifurcated by the annexation as well as easements owned by the County within the area to be annexed that are appurtenant to the infrastructure that need to be addressed in some manner.
Jana is copied here and can be contacted to assist with my schedule regarding a meeting-I would be happy to meet at the City offices. I would appreciate that it be set up soon so that County comments can be provided as a follow up to the meeting.
Many Thanks! Jennifer
Jennifer E. Irvine P.E., MPA
El Paso County Department of Public Works
3275 Akers Drive Colorado Springs, CO 80922
cell: (719) 332-6310
|9/30/2019 3:54:16 PM|